Thursday, December 3, 2009

More From 2009

(To continue from before...)

Movies:
There was a time when I was able to see a movie each week, so I had many more to choose from for a list such as this.  Alas, seeing a movie a week is no longer the case.  I'm not a cynic that thinks mainstream cinema is getting progressively worse, but it is getting progressively more expensive...thus the massive cutback.  So, the lists follow for several catergories.

Top Five of 2009:
"District 9"
"Zombieland"
"I Love You, Man"
"Funny People"
"The Hangover"

Absent from my list are the year's "art" films, period pieces, and overly depressing stories that, to be honest, I have no patience for.  That, or the independent theatre is too damn far from my house or too damn expensive.  But of the list above, I was very thankful for those five films, for I enjoyed them all immensely.  I'm not going to give a comment for each, as I really don't want to bore the hell out of anyone.  But maybe I already have.  Damn.

The Two Worst Movies of 2009:
"He's Just Not That Into You"
"The Men Who Stare at Goats"

Not much to add here.  Both were painful.

The Four Movies That I'm Looking Forward To In December, Of Which I'll Hopefully See One:
"Invictus"
"Crazy Heart"
"Avatar"
"Sherlock Holmes"

Best Food That I Finally Tried And Now Love:
Avocados.  What in the hell was I thinking?  I always shied away from them due to being mildly afraid of their texture because I was a pansy.  Now, however, whenever they're an option they're on my plate.  I'm still a bit nervous about guacamole, though.  I've tried nibbles of it, but the whole thing looks like a big gob of vomit.  Maybe next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment