Tuesday, January 26, 2010

The Complaint Department

The following complaints were received by the Complaint Department during the past several weeks, and are now posted to ensure that managerial transparency is maintained.  Rest assured, nothing will come of these complaints, and I will do my utmost to resolve none of them.


Being even more tired after you've taken a nap
Rather self-explanatory.  It's a tragic thing to lay down hoping to be refreshed and wake up to feel like you've been run over by a train.  Nevermind the fact that you look like a mugshot with your matted, tangly hair, the creases on your face from the pattern of whatever you were sleeping on, and the puffy, dazed, 'what the hell just happened to me' look in your eyes.


Artists resisting the all-consuming power of iTunes
Yeah.  I'm looking at you, AC/DC and Bob Seger.  Resistance is futile, gentlemen.  Any continued plans to evade the grasp of the brave new world will result in...well, nothing really.  I just don't want to go to Best Buy for your albums because I feel like I'm being stalked by the employees.  Always lurking, watching, following, pacing, watching, watching, watching...


The 'new' Karate Kid
What the shit?  Ideas get recycled in those magical places where movies get made, but this one is especially irritating.  The source of my irritation, however, has nothing to with the cast, or even the film's new direction.  My irritation is due to the fact that 1984 was a long damn time ago.  That some kiddos may see the new version and be completely oblivious to the original really sticks in my craw.  And, for the record, I'll take Mr. Miyagi's crane technique over Jackie Chan's Kung Fu tomfoolery any day of the week.

Band-Aids on fingers
are incredibly irritating.

Overused sports cliches
"We've got our backs against the wall."
"He's a gunslinger."
"We control our own destiny."
"It is what it is."
"That's a great golf shot."
"Soccer is the world's most popular sport."

 Stay strong, Daniel-san.  You remain the original badass.




Pictures provided courtesy of someone else, in some other place.  Their names:
gnibbsuoy
syjwljslbbf
bkilj
bsirnusni
ymtrjbh
Yes, it's all nonsense.  I'm just that odd.

No comments:

Post a Comment